Our team is happy to announce that we have reached another two significant milestones, successfully following our roadmap. First and the most important update is the fork of the Stratis blockchain and consensus algorithm modification, which intended to change mining rewards, making the ecosystem more appealing to miners who will support the platform.
By forking the Stratis blockchain and making such improvements, the ecosystem will work independently from the original Stratis Blockchain, providing an enhanced functional needed for platform’s operations. The ecosystem is very close to the alpha stage and we are working hard to bring all updates in time!
DeStream Consensus Algorithm
We decided to modify the original Stratis consensus algorithm because the amount of reward received by miners on the Stratis Blockchain doesn’t cross 0.004% mark per day from the staked amount of cryptocurrency. Instead, with an upgraded version of the algorithm, miners will be getting 10% out of the network fee charged for every transaction. By increasing the reward, we hope that more people will be coming to our community with a desire to support the DeStream Blockchain Network.
Standard network fee remains the same, as usual users have to cover a 0.77% network fee for every transaction they initiate on the network. It’s important to note that each transaction that miners have to confirm will grant 10% as the mining reward out of the standard fee. Thereby, once the block is mined, 90% out of all standard transaction fees in a particular block will be transferred to the service wallet which stores it. The rest 10% out of all the transaction fees in a block will be directed to miners.
DeStream Wallet Release
Besides the significant Blockchain update, we have released the DeStream Breeze wallet, which allows to store, manage and use DST tokens. Instead of creating a cryptocurrency wallet from scratch, our team chose an existing wallet solution built by Stratis. This decision was made with a desire to mitigate all risks associated with different vulnerabilities that can be created unwillingly during the development process.
Breeze is an excellent solution which has an extended functionality that we are going to use on our platform. Users who have purchased DST tokens during the initial token offering will be able to receive them soon right on the newly released DeStream wallet. Tokens distribution is scheduled for Q4 2018, and thereby community can prepare itself for it downloading the DeStream wallet which comes for both MacOS and Windows systems.